Really nice and clean property and very close to all things beach. Great price for the location .
Property management was excellent and responsive Elua Village is great - beautifully landscaped, on the beach, nice pools and well-located. Nice view from lanai, living room and main bedroom. Main bedroom was spacious, well-lit and comfortable. Partially updated, particularly the kitchen which was bright, modern and well-equipped. But, carpet is old, soiled, cheap and inappropriate for a beach location. The second bedroom is dark and dreary with one tiny light and a large unusable closet stuffed full of owners belongings. So no place to hang or store clothes or suitcases in that bedroom. General impression is that this place is set up solely for the comfort of the owner - not for rental guests.
We loved it here. Location is prime as Ulua is our favorite snorkeling beach. We will be back!!!
Family arrived and we thoroughly loved the location.
It is close to the street but you can't hear any of the cars.
Views of the ocean from the lanai are beautiful.
Quick 5 minute walk to the beach which tends to be pretty empty or the pool right next to the beach which also tends to be empty.
Very quiet/peaceful location, mostly retired individuals- some families.
Definitely lots of kitchen stuff to work with which was great for us and the 4 kids. Lots of books to read and peruse. Would have liked a little more space in the closets.
Lanai has grill and table plus reclining chairs which were great for reading in the morning.
Market, coffee bean, restaurants, and stores a quick 5 minute walk.
I saw whales in the distance from the lanai which was a plus.
Kihei was a quick 12 minute drive. Airport 25 minutes. Close enough to everything.
Based on older reviews, I'd say the bathroom has been updated nicely and mattresses were firm. New pillows too.
Overall, we all loved the space for our family, the views, and proximity to the ocean and stores.
Overall good experience, not sure if I would rent this specific unit again, see below.
- The location is amazing. Having traveled to Wailea a number of times, our favorite spot to hang out is Ulua Beach. You have exclusive access immediately onto Ulua Beach from the pool area at Wailea Elua. This was the best part for us as we spent a good portion of each day at the beach. It was very convenient as we could easily run back to the condo to make lunch and bring back to the beach, etc. It was very easy to get to Piilani Highway, Kihei, Makena, and other areas. Walking distance to neighboring resorts such as Andaz and Marriott, as well as walking distance to a number of restaurants and shops including The Shops at Wailea.
- proactive, responsive, and helpful management company. I encourage renters to ask them for help with anything you might need. They gave me a helpful tip on a great local business we used to rent beach equipment and stroller. Housekeeping service was pretty good as well, albeit there seemed to have been a misunderstanding between us one day and we didn't get full service. Not a big deal.
- in-unit washer and dryer were a huge bonus.
- great view of the ocean
** very important- the cushions on the wicker dining chairs need to be fastened to the chair frames! Our 2 year old was sitting on a chair eating his lunch and shifted his bottom and almost fell straight through the chair frame. He would have seriously injured himself if his nanny hadn't been right next to him and caught him in time.
- I agree with other reviewers about the unit being far too cluttered. There are also a number of items covered in dust, including large artificial plants/trees in the unit. Kitchen items/utensils and dishes are far too numerous, some of them were not as clean as I would have preferred. The carpeting is worn out and stained from long-term use in certain areas and needs to be replaced.
- Please replace the mattresses and provide many more pillows. The master bedroom mattress is quite old and in dire need of replacement. I did not get a single good night of sleep during the week there. There are a few extra pillows in the closets but they seeme old and dingy so I didn't use them.
- guest shower walls were mildewy. So was the master bath curtain.
- please stock Windex! We like to keep the place clean, including the glass dining table after we eat... especially after our toddler eats.
The pictures are very up to date. While the unit has been rehabbed in places, it is still a little dated and very cluttered. The views are beautiful from the lanai (you can see the ocean). Be prepared for a about a 5 minute hill to the beach (just notable for those who are older). The unit is spacious and has everything you could need in the kitchen. Management company is responsive. Location and beach are fantastic. You can easily walk to shops in Wailea and easy access to the beach path.
This condo is in a great location with great amenities. That being said, a major disappointment for us was that the unit is way too cluttered, not the relaxing environment you want when you are on vacation. The kitchen has been nicely remodeled but every cupboard is stuffed with items, many of them duplicates ( 3 blenders, drawers of food storage without matching lids, 3 ice buckets and so much more) so that there isn't even space to store your groceries except out on the counter. In addition, you have to search through so much stuff just to find what you're looking for.
The second bedroom is tight with the twin bed but the real problem is the only clothing storage is in the closet, which you can't access because there is so much stuffed in the closet that we had to move items to be able to open the drawers of the dresser. We also had to move multiple things out of the way to hang just a few items as that was all there was room for. Under that bathroom sinks are multiple extra tissue box holders, soap dispensers, and other unnecessary items that take up the space we would have used to store our empty toiletry bags had there been space.
Enough examples of the problems. On the positive side, the resort has a nice pool area with several umbrellas, a nice spot for eating in the shade, easy access to a beautiful beach, and lovely landscaping. The management company quickly responded to a few issues we had
(a slow moving drain in the shower and burnt out lights) and the housekeeping/daily towel replacement was a nice surprise.
This unit is the closest building to the road but the landscaping kept the noise levels down. The unit is also farthest from the beach and pool, but as long as you are not physically challenged, it just means a longer walk. You might want to consider renting a beach cart to lug everything down.
So, in summary, we would definitely consider returning to this resort as we found it a good value for Wailea but we would not stay in this unit again unless the above issues were addressed.
We stayed in Unit 2106 for two weeks over Christmas 2016, the same unit we stayed in 12 years ago. We love the property, primarily for its location (Elua beach is fabulous), close to the resort area, a short walk to the Wailea Shops, and direct access to the beach boardwalk. Unit 2106 is near the front gate (good), at the top of the hill requiring a downhill (and uphill) walk to the very appealing and well developed pool facility and beach (not great but Okay), backing on Alanui boulevard (some traffic noise) however a short walk to the coffee shops at Wailea (great). The views are fabulous and the lanai is a decent size from this upper unit. The unit itself has been upgraded and the kitchen modifications were well thought out and executed. Bathroom reno's were well done and attractive. Everything worked and the kitchen is well equipped, stove has a glass top, fridge is new and unique, BBQ worked well. We found the MBR bed to be (very) firm however that is our assessment, others may find this aspect appealing. A/C was powerful, a fan in each room was appreciated although the one in the back bedroom was somewhat schizophrenic in its operation. We would definitely consider utilizing this unit again in the future, for us the Elua location is perfect and we prefer the easy walking access to the other Wailea amenities over a close access to the pool and beach.
Just want to start by saying, wow can't believe how unprofessional rude Ali'i resorts are! We booked a family trip and this unit was by far nothing we expected. Very stinky, cluttered and not kid friendly whatsoever. Although when you have a good management company that's accommodating then all that sometimes doesn't matter .. Ali'i resorts were very rude .. charged us amounts after our checkout without an explaination. Made up figures has they went! Be aware !! They will scam you and you . Worst experience ever !!!!!
Use the "Visit Owner's Website" link to read more reviews from the reservation site, including the latest reviews submitted by recent guests.