Keauhou Punahele #B103
Hawai’i’s Governor announced a NON-QUARANTINE option for travelers who are ready to come visit paradise starting Oct 15, 2020! Simply present a negative Covid test prior to travel and take a second negative test at the Kona airport, free of charge. Please see the bottom of this description for the FULL process.
1. OCEAN view AND golf course view right over the 8th green - VERY rare! Watch the golfers go by during the day, and take in the breathtaking Hawaiian sunsets at night, all from the comfort of your own ground-floor lanai.
2. One of the largest two bedroom units you’ll find in Kona at 1200sf!
3. California King in master suite - you’ll sleep like a teenager.
4. Memory foam queen in guest room - REALLY comfortable!
5. Pull out couch for two additional kids, if needed (4 adults max allowed).
6. Coastal-Beach décor unlike any other - light, airy, and modern! You’ll love the beachy feel during your stay here.
7. You can grill right on your own lanai. So convenient! Most complexes have separate, common BBQ areas you’re required to use.
8. Ground floor (below ground) unit does not have A/C but stays quite cool, and has excellent airflow with a ceiling fan in every room. There is virtually no road noise - very quiet and tranquil. Find your inner peace.
9. Chef’s kitchen, fully stocked, and newly remodeled with new KitchenAid appliances. Bring your favorite Keurig cups, we provide the machine!
10. Spacious walk in closet in the master en suite for all your gear.
11. Several toys included for your use: beach chairs, beach towels, beach umbrella, boogie boards, snorkeling gear, soft side insulated cooler.
12. World-class Hapuna Beach is close! Consistently rated by Conde Nast Traveler magazine as one of the best beaches in the nation! We can vouch for the rich turquoise blue, calm, clear waters, super fine, soft sand and clean facilities. There are fresh water showers, restrooms, clean picnic areas, and a volleyball net. Lots of people enjoy this beach, but it’s not overly crowded. Only about a 30-minute beautiful, scenic drive up the coast. There are other beaches closer for your convenience, but we highly recommend you visit this one at least once on your trip. It’s a “must-do” in our book.
13. Snorkeling. So much amazing snorkeling very near by.
14. Sheraton Kona Resort’s HOOLA SPA is a short walk away. “Hoola” means “to heal” in Hawaiian. Treat yourself! You deserve it. We will send the phone number in your initial booking email to schedule your time for peace and relaxation with specialized Hawaiian treatments, some in the open air, listening to ocean waves in the background. Pure bliss and luxury. (WE INCLUDE A SHERATON KONA SPA GIFT CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU RENT WITH US. THIS IS “MAKANA” - OUR GIFT TO YOU.)
15. Sheraton Kona Resort hosts the Haleo Luau Dinner and Show. Watch the graceful hula dancers, the fast-moving Tahitian dancers, and the spectacular fire dancers, outdoors under the stars on Monday and Friday evenings.
16. Sheraton Kona Resort also offers a very cool Manta Ray Viewing Experience - see and swim with these gentle giants of the bay. It will surely be the experience of a lifetime.
17. Kona Country Club is a short walk away - one of the islands premier golf experiences! This championship course has been ranked a “Top 100 Greatest Public Course” by Golf Digest. The only natural obstacles are the turquoise blue waters and lava rocks. Golf for Women magazine, ESPN, and ZAGAT Guide recognizes this course as one of nation's top golf facilities and it also has a rating of "excellent" as voted by players in America's top golf courses. We will send the number in your initial booking email to reserve your tee time. Ask us how to save a little money on the cost!
18. The charming seaside town of Kona with the boutique shopping, adorable trolley to take you from place to place (can be caught just a short walk from Keahou Punahele condos), and many fishing, snorkeling, cruising, volcano hiking adventures await!
19. 350 days of sunshine average a year! That’s right, chances are GREAT you’ll have sunshine and warm days on the “gold coast” - exactly what you want while visiting the islands. In fact, Kona boasts the most perfect vacation weather of all the islands!
20. Grocery store, movie theater, and hospital are all nearby if and when needed for necessities, fun, and peace of mind.
Note: A $75 charge assessed for early check-in or late check-out, and only when available. Please message the owner to check availability and gain approval. Mahalo.
Come join us at Keauhou Punahele, it truly is “paradise found”.
Tax ID: 013-734-8096
On-island Property Manager:
COVID TESTING PROCESS:
Step 1: Book your airline travel and car rental. Pro tip: pick seats as close to the front of the plane as you can so you depart first and get to the front of the lines.
Step 2: One week before travel, schedule your Covid test at Walgreens (or any other location on Hawaii’s “approved tester” list). Test must be taken within 72 hours of the departure of your LAST leg of flight. So, if you have a layover in Seattle before flying to Kona, then the test must be within 72 hours of your SEATTLE departure time. They do check this, so make sure you get it right. Walgreens will email you a confirmation of your appointment time. Also, the Walgreens test is free.
Step 3: Go to Walgreens pharmacy drive through with your email confirmation in hand (on your phone is fine). Take the test (swab your own nose while the person behind the window watches). Download the Walgreens or Lab Corp apps to check for your results. Say a prayer that you get them within 72 hours. Walgreens does NOT do rapid tests and won’t guarantee results before seven days, no matter what their website says. That said, my husband and I got our results in less than 48 hours.
Step 4: Create a “Safe Travels” account/profile here:
It generates a QR code for you to show at the Hawai’i airport. Upload the pdf of your test results to this website when you get them.
Step 5: Fly to Hawai’i.
Step 6: Depart the plane, follow the well marked signs and workers pointing you in the right direction.
a. Get your temperature taken by military guys.
b. Walk a few steps, show QR code to a person.
c. Walk a little further to lines (under canopies), fill out a brief piece of paper, show your ID.
d. Proceed to the main “processing in” stop. Provide all documentation, QR code, ID again.
e. Get directed to a long table split in half by a tall drape. On the closest side of the drape, yet another person checks your ID and paper, then you’re directed to the other side of the drape, where a poor Dept of Health worker is clothed in head to toe hazmat, mask and clear face shield, multiple layers of gloves, and I’m sure...booties full of sweat. Ugh. They use a long QTip to do a shallow swab of both nostrils (weird) and you’re directed to a large warehouse waiting area with chairs to wait for your name to be called for your result.
f. Get your result printed on a piece of paper, and provided it’s negative, show it to the person at the exit, and proceed to baggage claim and/or car rental shuttles. This whole process is free, too, by the way.
Step 7: Off you go! Aloha!
If you’re more of a visual person, here is a dandy little flowchart, compliments of the Hawai’i government: https://hawaiicovid19.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Flying-Into-Hawaii.pdf
Common question: if you don’t have your pre-travel test results back by the time you land in Hawai’i, you’ll be required to quarantine until you can provide them. Car rental agencies won’t give you a car either, until you have proof of TWO negative tests. Hence, the aforementioned prayer for a quick return of results. 🙂
One more pro tip: go to the bathroom on the plane and change into shorts before you land. Refill your water bottle, too! It’s hot out. :)
Registration Number: GE-013-734-8096-01, TA-01