****Currently, there are renovation projects underway at the Mana Kai Resort. As with most renovations, there can be noise and other inconveniences.****
Our condo underwent a full floor-to-ceiling renovation completed in December 2022! Come stay in our freshly updated unit! Besides all new cabinetry, flooring, appliances, and furniture, we improved our wifi connectivity and upgraded the tvs and sound system. New air conditioning installed in 2021.
As frequent visitors to Hawaii, we fell in love with this little stretch of Maui. It offers the best of a Hawaiian island getaway! Our condo is part of the Mana Kai Resort, where people have returned year after year for two generations. It is located right on what many consider to be one of the best beaches in Maui. From the lanai (balcony), enjoy the sound of the waves and the panoramic view of miles of blue ocean, golden sand beach, palm trees, Molokini, Lanai, and Haleakala.
A new addition to the resort is "808 Deli and General Store" which offers many of the popular freshly made food items from their flagship Kihei store as well as convenience items. The Five Palms Restaurant is closed. The space will be renovated to welcome a new restaurant which will be part of the Merriman's family of restaurants.
Please look through the photos above. Hopefully, the pictures are worth a thousand words! Now for the details:
• The entire condo is 762 sq. feet
• Bedroom One is really a studio apartment with a sleeping area with a King size bed, living room, full bath, and kitchen. It functions wonderfully as a “great room” during the day. At night, we love falling asleep to the sound of the ocean waves with the sliding glass doors open. It is 604 sq. feet.
• Bedroom Two definitely offers privacy from the main living area. It is 210 sq. feet. It has its own full bathroom and TV. It can be made up as two twin beds OR as one King-size bed, BUT NOT BOTH. It has its own air conditioning unit and thermostat. Through the large windows enjoy the striking view of the ocean and west Maui. The picture windows do have a mirrored, reflective coating on them, however, in full disclosure, under certain lighting conditions, it is possible for people walking by to see into the room. Floor-to-ceiling drapes easily provide privacy when needed.
• The living room has a full-size sofa bed. TV's in the living room and the second bedroom have been upgraded with streaming and screen mirroring services. Wifi connectivity has been greatly improved within our unit and Wifi is free.
. A full kitchen ready for preparing and serving your own meals.
Couples have told us that although they didn’t need two bedrooms, they sure appreciated having them. Here are some of the benefits they mentioned:
• A separate workspace for making early morning calls to the mainland without disrupting the other person.
• A separate space for one person to be up and about when their “sleep cycle” doesn't match their partner's. This can be even more common with jetlag for the first few days.
• The convenience of two bathrooms.
Maximum Occupancy is for five.
If you are looking for fun in the sand, surf, and sun, then you are in the right place:
• Plenty of chaise lounges to use on the grassy area, or head to the beach with our folding chairs and umbrellas.
• Great snorkeling just steps away
• Boogie boarding and swimming
• Rent kayaks and SUP’s on-site as well as other gear
• Take a dip and hang out at the saltwater pool
• Walk along the beach for miles in either direction
• Enjoy open-air, oceanview dining from the onsite restaurant. (Closing for renovation April 2022)
• Explore tide pools
• Attend a yoga class. There is a studio on-site.
• Take in an amazing sunset, and then watch the stars come out
*****Smoking and E-cigs*****
The state of Hawaii has some of the strictest anti-smoking laws in the US. There is no smoking allowed in any of the condos at the Mana Kai resort. Additionally, no smoking is allowed on any of the lanai’s (balconies) nor in any of the public areas of the resort. Smoking is not allowed within 20 feet of any access point. In addition, smoking is prohibited on all public beaches and parks, restaurants, or retail businesses. There are however some designated smoking areas on the grounds of the Mana Kai resort. Penalty for smoking in the condo or on the lanai is $500.
Registration Number: GE-172-274-5856-01,+TA-172-274-5856-01,+390040230035