Pele's Secret Garden
~ Pele’s Secret Garden ~ an amazing experience!
My home is registered with the County of Hawaii as a Short Term Vacation Rental STVR-19-346928 NUC-19-329 GE/TAT-037-026-0608-01
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on September 22, 2018. The skies have been the bluest of blues and the air quality is some of the best on the island. Pele's Secret Garden is in a great and safe location for exploring the east side of the island. *****************************************************
Nestled in the heart of the Big Island's oldest Volcanic Rain-forest, and atop world's most active lava field, lies our luxury hideaway of rest, peace and comfort. About 2 miles from the National Park entrance.
Take a stroll thru the forested neighborhood Estates and the tropical surroundings of this serene cottage home, that is secluded in a lush native Rainforest just 24 Miles South of Hilo, Hawaii, and adjacent to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, at a 3500 feet elevation above sea level, on the slopes of Kilauea, the most active volcano on in the US. Less than 1-hour drive from Hilo to both the Cottage home & Volcano Village.
Relax and unwind … be refreshed by the cool mountain air and embraced by the giant tree ferns, ohia trees and fragrant ginger that creates a lush contrast to the primordial volcanic landscape.
Enjoy... Long wrap around Lanais, and quiet sitting areas. Awaken to the Big Island’s cacophony of chirping exotic birds, soft rains and the Sunlight breaking through the clouds.
~ Pele's Secret Garden Accommodations ~
Our floor plan begins with 2 luxurious bedrooms, 2 full baths, with guests enjoying our plush King & Queen-sized beds amidst four-layer bedding, designed for absolute Comfort, plus Futon sleepers a Baby Crib and Highchair. Sleeps 2 to 5 Guests (example: 4 adults + 1 children).
We offer a spacious home with private bath, original art and furnishings, high ceilings, kitchen with energy-efficient stainless appliances, granite countertops and an exotic wood bar top, a wood-burning fireplace, private jetted tub in master bath, cable TV and video, Wi-Fi wireless internet, and a large 1000 ft wrap-around Lanai.
~ Pele's Secret Garden Cottage Home includes these Amenities for your Pleasure & Comfort:
• Our Signature Aloha Hospitality!
• Luxury, Private cottage Home, 2 bedrooms/ 2 baths
• Plush beds with 4-layer bedding
• Complimentary Tropical Fresh Fruits, 100% pure
Hawaiian Coffee & Tea
• Jetted Tub in Master bath
• Wood-burning fireplace, logs provided
• Hawaiian Massage services, available in the local area
• Cable TV
• Video & Music Library
• Full Kitchen (all Major appliances/utensils)
• Wireless Internet
• Gas BBQ Grill
• Great Restaurants in the Village area
• Flashlights & umbrellas provided
~ Volcano's Local Restaurants (recommend calling ahead for reservations):
• Kilauea Lodge and Restaurant
• Thai Thai Restaurant
• Ono Cafe
• Ohia Cafe
• Lava Lounge
• Dining, dancing, recreation (mini-bowling alley) at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Volcano House and KMC Camp.
* Sunday Market at the Cooper Center in the Volcano Village, 5 minutes away. Food, baked goods, art and crafts, freshest of fruits, vegetables and flowers (opens 6:00 am).
* Volcano Winery - Wine tasting, and select from 2 Guided Vineyard & Tea Farm Tours, includes Gift Pack!
* 2400 Fahrenheit Art Glass - A unique Glass-blowing Art Studio tucked away in the Rain Forest on the slopes of Kilauea Volcano, at a 3000 feet elevation.
* Hilo Farmer's Market - Located on the corner next to Ruben's Restaurant, offers rows of vendors selling local/exotic fruits, vegetables, flowers, baked goods, locally-made gifts, etc.
~ Volcano Village is an outlying small township with an eclectic mix of scientists, artists and local entrepreneurs in a village-like community with a variety of restaurants, cafes, and art galleries. The village and its surrounding inhabitants blend imperceptibly into the lush Native forested landscape. The whole area has been designated by the United Nations as an International Biosphere Reserve and Historic Site.
Volcano Village - a 'World Heritage Site' with nice restaurants, galleries and only 1 mile from the unforgettable Volcanoes National Park. Our wonderful Cottage Home being adjacent to both Volcano Village & the Park is a perfect getaway for Adventure, Romance or as a retreat getaway. Easily accessible from both Hilo and Kona airports on the Queen’s Highway 11. Driving distance from Kona Airport, with no stops, is approximately 2.5 to 3.0 hours; whereas from the Hilo Airport is approximately 45 minutes to our driveway; and another 5-minutes drive to Volcano Village proper, depending on weather conditions.
~ About the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park ~
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, established in 1916, displays the results of 70 million years of volcanism, migration, and evolution -- processes that thrust a bare land from the sea and clothed it with complex and unique ecosystems and a distinct human culture. The park encompasses diverse environments that range from sea level to the summit of the earth's most massive volcano, Mauna Loa at 13,677 feet. Kilauea, the world's most active volcano, now taking a pause, offers scientists insights on the birth of the Hawaiian Islands and visitors' views of dramatic volcanic landscapes.
Over half of the park is designated wilderness and provides unusual hiking and camping opportunities. In recognition of its outstanding natural values, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has been honored as an International Biosphere Reserve and a World Heritage Site.
The National Park Web site provides up-to-date information, tours, and hiking trails.
Keys: Beautiful! Eco-Friendly, cozy, clean, fully loaded with the comforts of home.