Sugar Beach Resort 120
2021 Pandemic Update: SEE CANCELLATION POLICY BELOW
Are you ready for some beach time? Maybe some 'down time?' Our A+ rated and recently updated, ground floor, oceanfront unit, is where you will want to spend your Hawaiian Vacation in Paradise. Call or e-mail now to ask questions and get more information about our Condo. Call early to make your reservation.
Location, Location, Location!!! Just 15-steps to the warm white sands of Sugar Beach is our number one selling point! Unit #120 is a ground floor OCEANFRONT unit which allows very quick and easy access to the beach. Guests have commented that when they arrived in the condo the "wow factor" due to the the proximity to the ocean, and the view from the condo were much better what they were expecting.
VRBO has updated their pricing policies and now charge a separate reservation fee with each booking. This is a variable charge and is determined by them. You will see this charge shown as a service fee when you make the reservation.
You can make reservation and payment directly through this VRBO website and use Credit Card for your payment. If you would like to pay with a personal check, cashiers check, or Paypal, or Venmo please let owner know so we can set up an alternate payment methods.
Easiest way to make reservation is directly through this website. The owners have 24 hours to coordinate the reservation and confirm its availability. The information we need to set up your reservation include:
1. Number of Guests
2. Names of all Guests
3. Home and Cell Phone Numbers
4. Your Home Mailing Address
5. Confirmation that the normal check out time of 11:00 am on the date of your departure will work for you. Should you need or desire a later check out time, this can normally be set up in advance with an additional charge (1/2 of daily rate plus 14.416% HI tax). Contact owner if you will need a "Late Check Out" - good up until 9:00 pm on the date of your departure.
6. Confirmation that you are aware of our cancellation policy (see below).
Our Condo is well equipped and gets frequent updates. The owners typically come and use the Condo two times per year, so we get to manage the updates and improvements by personally seeing and using the condo. We like the condo to be well maintained, clean, operational, and very comfortable.
Staying in a ground floor unit allows you to simply slide your lanai door open and extend your living space out on to the grass. This is so convenient, especially when traveling with kids who love to get out doors and play without being confined to a balcony. Our units prime location allows you the flexibility to pull the lounge chair out on the grass or sink the beach chair and your toes into the warm sand. Located just steps away from the 'heart' of the Sugar Beach Resort, you will find the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, putting green and 6 BBQ grills right at your disposal!
It is easy to see why the Sugar Beach Resort is a top rated property to spend your Hawaiian Vacation.
The Sugar Beach Resort is situated right in the center of the Island on the outskirts of Kihei. Located on the longest stretch of sandy beach on the Island of Maui (approx. 5 miles long) and just a quick 10 mile drive south of the Maui Airport will have you at the ocean's doorstep in no time flat. Being centrally located allows quick and easy access to other parts of the Island. Just a 5 minute drive to Maalaea Harbor. About 25 minutes west to Lahaina and 30 minutes west to Kaanapali. Head east, the other direction and in just 5 minutes you will be in the heart of Kihei and 15 minutes will have you in the resort area of Wailea.
Although our family enjoys the evening sunsets and dinners cooked at the BBQ grill there are many great restaurants on the Island to choose from along with many great activities to fill your vacation with wonderful Hawaiian memories. To name a few; golfing, snorkeling, canoeing, kayaking ,fishing, whale watching, hiking and bike riding.
A couple of recommendations:
Consider buying the book “Maui Revealed” by Andrew Doughty. Probably available in your local Barnes and Noble. The book gives an insider view of suggested things to see and do while on the island.
Our favorite Restaurants -
1. Mama’s Fish House (Great Seafood and nice atmosphere for Adults - Expensive, but wonderful).
2. Kihei Caffe - For Breakfast if you are Hungry! (cash only) - Great Food excellent portions.
3. Hula Grill - Beachside/Sand Cafe: This is the casual part of restaurant. Menu is not extensive, but you sit outside put feet in the sand and enjoy some Hawaiian Music.
4. Cheeseburger in Paradise - Lahaina (atmosphere is memorable, but expect a long wait). You can do some shopping while you wait.
5. Sansei - Kihei: Sushi is their speciality.
1. Recommend Maui Wave Riders. You can rent boards in Kihei, and return them to a different location such as Lahaina. They give lessons if needed.
2. Paddle Boarding is lot’s of fun too. You can rent these right at Sugar Beach Resort with Maui Sights and Treasures.
Snorkeling: The first 2 listed have bathrooms, clear water, and a beautiful beach. Best to go in the morning before trade winds pick up.
1. Our favorite place is in Makena. “Maluaka Beach”
2. Kahekili - Airport Beach in Kaanapali
3. Ahihi Cove: Makena (no bathrooms and rocky beach, but nice cove to snorkel in)
1. Waihe’e Ridge Trail - We have enjoyed this trail.
2. Waihe Valley Trail - (my wife and her girlfriend’s really enjoyed this one).
To help you with any issues that could develop during your stay, we use 'Maui Condo & Home, LLC' as our licensed on-island representative.
2021 Update due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) that could impact your travel: The State of Hawaii currently sets the rules about COVID Testing, so their guidelines will be controlling. For any travel scheduled after January 1, 2021, you will need to provide a copy of your Covid Test Results per the State of Hawaii's current requirements before Maui Condo & Home (our on Island Management Company) or I will be able to provide you a door code to allow you access to our condo. The Sugar Beach Resort does not allow any guest to Quarantine on property, so you need to have the State approval to occupy our condo. If a last minute cancellation occurs due to a problem with the Covid test, you will have the option to rebook within the next 12-calendar months into an available time slot (with adjustments for seasonal pricing) or forfeit your payment.
Once you have made your deposit or final payment - there is a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee is $150 plus the “service fee” charged by VRBO/Homeaway. Upon receiving your deposit payment, and or your final payment the following fees and forfeitures will apply. By requesting and securing the reservation confirmed by making the deposit or final payment, you acknowledge that you understand the Owner’s (Gary & Kara Moore) cancellation policy including the fees associated with the cancellation and the possibility that you may be forfeiting all or part of your payment.
• If cancellation occurs more than 35-days prior to your arrival date you will be refunded your deposit minus the cancellation fee ($150) & the VRBO/Homeaway Service Fees (if applicable).
• If cancellation occurs within 35-days of the start of your reservation or during your reservation, payments will be retained. If the condo can be re-rented, a pro-rata refund will be issued minus the $150.00 fee & the VRBO/Homeway Service Fee (if applicable).
Additional Restrictions: No Smoking & No Pets allowed.
• No Smoking Policy: By accepting the reservation and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you acknowledge that you understand the Owner’s (Gary & Kara Moore – Unit # 120) & Maui Condo and Home’s Non Smoking Policy (as set forth below), including the assessments of a Smoke Elimination Fee in the event of noncompliance. State Law prohibits Smoking (cigarettes, cigars, E-Cigs, etc.) in vacation rental rooms and lanais (patio), along with all areas open to the public that include, but are not limited to restrooms, lobbies, reception area, hallways, bars, restaurants, retail service establishments and retail stores. Thus, all accommodations are Non-Smoking.
• The Hawaii State legislature enacted a new law, Act 295 (2006) effective January 1st, 2016, which prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed areas open to the public in order to ensure a consistent level of basic protections statewide from exposure to secondhand smoke. The term “enclosed or partially enclosed” is defined under the law as any space closed in by a roof or overhang and at least two walls, including, but not limited to, restrooms, lobbies, reception areas, hallways, interior courtyards, patios, covered walkways, bars, hotel and motel rooms, lanais, restaurants, retail service establishments and retail stores. Persons who smoke in prohibited areas may receive a citation and a fine of not more than $50 per violation.
• Out of concern for all of our guests and owners, all Maui Condo and Home managed condominium units participating in our resort programs have been designated as Non-Smoking Accommodations. Persons who smoke, permit smoking or otherwise cause the odor of smoking in a Maui Condo and Home managed condominium unit will be assessed a Smoke Elimination Fee of $475.00 at or following check-out.
No Pets Allowed. The owners of this unit as well as Maui Condo & Home do not allow any animals including, but not limited to Dogs, and Cats in to the unit. If it is determined that any pets were allowed in to the unit – you can expect an additional cleaning bill of $350.00 to cover the expenses to eliminate any residual pet odor, dander, fur, etc.
Keywords: Oceanfront Condominium
(HI Transient Accommodation Tax ID: TA-084-064-4608-01)
(HI General Excise Tax ID: GE-084-064-4608-01)
Registration Number: GE-084-064-4608-01, TA-08