Island Surf 501
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 - OCTOBER 15, 2020
As of October 15, 2020, Hawaii is allowing visitors to avoid the 14 day quarantine upon proof of a negative Covid-19 test result at the point of entry into the islands.
Please refer to this site for full details:
I am letting all guests know the following:
This means that after leaving the Maui airport, the guest must travel directly to the unit, and not leave the unit for 14 days. The guest understands that everyone in their party must stay in the unit for that time period. Prearranged support for grocery and amenities delivery must be shown to the unit owner and verified by the unit owner before the owner can accept a reservation, and the reservation must be at least 14 days.
Pre Travel Covid-19 test:
If the guest does not want to, or plan to take a test 72 hours prior to arrival, please do not book.
If the guest takes the approved Pre-travel Covid-19 test 72 hours before travel, and results are positive, OR, if the rules that were applied for October 15th change (restrictions revert to “quarantine only”), and a guest wishes to cancel, guests will not receive a refund. (If the cancellation happens 60 days or more prior to checkin, a full refund is given, minus $100 administration fee).
Please see: https://www.mauicounty.gov/2393/Coronavirus-COVID-19-Transportation-Rela
We are encouraging all guests to purchase travel cancellation insurance. This is the responsibility of the guest. Upon booking, VRBO offers the guest the opportunity to purchase trip cancellation insurance. This insurance is provided by an independent insurance company (CSA). If you wish to learn more about this coverage, please contact them at 1800.874.2442 or on their website: https://www.generalitravelinsurance.com/csa-travel-protection.html
At this time, only those guests listed on the reservation are permitted in the condo at any time during the reservation.
******* COVID-19 UPDATE *******AUGUST 2020
The health and safety of our guests and the community is our number one priority. We have instituted extraordinary cleaning and sanitization protocols, recommended by the CDC. Our contactless check-in provides the first of a series of safety measures to ensure our guests that we are mitigating risk and at the same time allowing our guests to have a restful and stress free vacation. Please contact us for a full description of our safety protocols.
Check out our photos, check out our reviews, now here’s the highlights:
• One king bed, one queen bed, and one queen pullout - all new mattresses
• Unique layout: Very few condos in Hawaii, in this price range, are constructed with so much frontage facing the ocean. Both the master bedroom and the living room directly face the ocean. (depicted in the building layout drawing) When you first walk into our condo, you’ll see what we mean! Large, bright, airy.
• Larger than average two-bedroom unit ~ 1000 sq ft.
• You choose: A gentle breeze using the ceiling fans in every room along with the ocean breeze, or the cooling of our quiet A/C systems for those extra warm days and nights.
• If there is something our kitchen is missing – tell us – we’ll likely buy it. (No one has had to tell us anything yet!)
• The street can be noisy. That’s why we replaced the entire glass at the front of the condo with double paned, tinted windows and slider doors. And just wait till you try those doors – two fingers opens those gliding doors! Also, new double paned windows in back bedroom
• No matter what age you are, you need a good sleep after a day of surfing, snorkeling, shopping. We have wonderfully comfortable beds, and great pillows – not those hard ones that start to look like a stale loaf of bread.
• It’s nice to not worry about driving if you choose to have some wine with dinner. We are a short walking distance from many award winning restaurants and lounges.
• We have a keyless entry - no need to worry about sharing keys (or losing keys!).
Why choose this condo?
• We are very proud of our property. We are dedicated to giving you the best experience. We, the owners, personally stay in this condo at least twice a year for our Maui vacations. And because we like the best, you’ll get the best.
• Have you ever walked into a vacation property and wondered how the photos online made it look so much better? That’s because photos can fabricate the truth, and photos don’t tell the story about the dreaded “tired” condo. Our tenants often tell us how well our photos represent the real beauty, cleanliness and space of our unit.
• Everyone fits on the double wide lanai, so everyone can enjoy the spectacular sunsets each evening. The sunset picture you see in the photos was taken with an average camera by an average photographer (me!) and no photo-shopping.
• Call us – we can give you more information and set your mind at ease about our condo, our rates, any questions you might have.
• And our cleaners? They are second to none.
• There will be no surprises – when we send you a quote, everything is there - what you see in our reservation document is what it will cost. There are NO hidden fees.
• Got a few too many people in your party? We have a 1 bedroom on the 4th floor. Vrbo 673973
• And finally, and most important, we keep our knives sharp.
I could go on about the granite counter tops and free wi-fi, smart TV where you can stream your Netflix, free long distance, beautiful towels, comfy beach chairs, coolers for the beach, lovely bamboo flooring, bbqs by the pool for grilling, amazing park across the street, surf lessons and rentals across the street, bicycle rentals on the first floor of the condo, but I won’t. :)
So here’s the administrative stuff:
• Our calendar is always up-to-date, so please click on the Rates & Availability tab to see our availability and pricing.
• PLEASE NOTE: We can accommodate any length of stay, but if your stay is less than 7 days, it must fit quite snugly between, or at the end or beginning of existing bookings.
NOTE: Due to the prevalence of allergies, we ask guests to refrain from using perfumes or colognes. Thank you for observing this!
Cancellations: In order to receive a refund of your deposit, cancellation is required 60 days or more prior to arrival date. We retain a $100 cancellation fee. Please note that VRBO charges a surcharge for every reservation. This charge is administered by VRBO and completely out of our control. For cancellations received within 60 days of arrival or after arrival date, no refund will be given. We encourage all guests to purchase travel cancellation insurance. This is the responsibility of the guest.
Registration Number: GE-086-093-2096-01, TA-08