Superb location and reasonable rates make this piece of paradise an ideal home base for your Maui explorations. Sunny Kihei is where you can best assure yourself of that vacation of a lifetime. Kamaole Beaches I, II and III (the KAM's) are consistently rated as the best beaches in Kihei, and a stay at Kihei Akahi places you in the middle of this beautiful stretch of sandy beaches. Our five star reviews tell the story just as well as we can.
A full remodel was completed in September 2015. Among the many enhancements are high grade kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, recessed LED lighting, porcelain tile flooring, new ceiling fans and a new air conditioning unit.
Our first floor location allows you to avoid elevators and have the benefit of your lanai extending out to a broad, landscaped lawn area. Your lanai area is the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee, your happy hour or to catch up on your reading. You can also just relax and enjoy the tropical plants and song birds.
Inside, we strive to provide you with the comforts of home. All first floor units have a substantially larger living room area than the upper floor condos. The washer/dryer is a real bonus that is not offered in many Maui condos. The bath was recently updated to provide a large tiled shower with a separate sink and granite top vanity area for added privacy. We offer gas cooking. Free high speed wireless internet and cable TV.
Your comfort is assured by an air conditioner, two ceiling fans, a portable pedestal fan and gentle cross breezes. A security screen door allows you to enjoy fresh air circulating through the unit while not having to be concerned about your privacy.
Condo entry is via an electronic lock and an in unit safe is provided for the protection of your valuables. There is a large bedroom closet. Beach chairs, umbrellas, towels and a cooler are provided to enhance your beach adventures.
Kihei Akahi offers two pools and a tennis court that is very close to our unit. There are gas barbecues at each pool area. Parking is convenient to our unit.
KAM II is a guarded beach that offers excellent swimming, boogey boarding, body surfing, and snorkeling. Restrooms, a shower and a picnic area are provided. KAM III directly south of KAM II offers a playground. At dusk, KAM II is a magnet for visitors and locals alike to enjoy the beauty of the sunset. During whale season (November to April), you can enjoy the humpback whales performing for your delight.
Kihei Akahi is a quiet oasis, yet it is also very close to a wide variety of shopping and casual and fine dining venues.
TOP TEN REASONS TO STAY AT KIHEI AKAHI C-105
1. Location, Location, Location – OK, we know that is three reasons, but seriously, Kihei is Maui’s cradle of sunshine. When it may be raining elsewhere on the island, chances are the sun is shining in Kihei. With Kihei Akahi situated right in the middle of the three top rated Kamaole beaches, the sun, sand, surf and snorkeling are only steps away from your door. C-105 is closer to the beach than most of the Kihei Akahi condos, yet far enough away from South Kihei Road to afford you a quiet stay. Kihei Akahi is also close to numerous restaurants along with shopping opportunities like the Shoppes at Wailea. While in Wailea, enjoy a walk on the promenade between the five star hotels along the beach and poke your head into the hotels to see what $600 per night or usually more can buy you.
2. Size – All of the first floor one bedroom units in Kihei Akahi have a larger floor plan. This added square footage is in your main living area where you will spend most of your time when your eyes are open.
3. Amenities – Kihei Akahi offer not just one, but two pools plus a tennis court. These amenities are a perfect complement to all of the recreational offerings throughout the island.
4. Beaches – Maui has more miles of sandy beaches than any of the other Hawaiian islands. The jewel beaches in Kihei are the KAMS (Kamaole I, II and III). Walk down Akahi’s entry drive and you are in the middle of KAM II. The KAM’s offer guarded beaches, rest room facilities, open stretches of sand, picnic areas, and snorkeling opportunities. If you continue south into Wailea and Makena, there are a treasure trove of beaches, each with their own personality and charm.
5. Ground Level – C-105’s first floor location affords you an opportunity to spill out into the garden area when on the lanai as opposed to being constrained to a lanai with a railing. There is no waiting for an elevator, and C-105 is distanced from the elevator area and trash disposal area that can be a source of noise and unwanted light at night.
6. Price – We have adopted a pricing philosophy that we would rather see others enjoying our home away from home than allowing it to sit vacant in the search for guests willing to pay top dollar. This philosophy has resulted in our being able to host many wonderful singles and couples who have treated our Kihei home like it was their own.
7. Recreation Equipment – We have attempted to provide all of our guests with the basics for an enjoyable stay in this tropical paradise. You will find beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkel gear, a cooler, etc. to allow you to begin enjoying all Maui has to offer without having to purchase or rent gear before hitting the beach. Many guests prefer to rent their own snorkel gear, so just up the street is Snorkel Bob’s where they rent top quality snorkel gear. Get the 2 for 1 coupon online.
8. Entertainment – After you have taken in a full day of relaxation on the beach or at the pool area, shopping, touring, dining and/or nightlife; you are able to come back to the peace and tranquility of C-105 where you will find a flat screen TV, , books, games and playing cards. There is also a bedroom TV.
9. Comfort – We have made every effort to make all of our guests as comfortable as is reasonably possible. The pictures tell the story of the queen sized bed, the sofa bed and comfortable living room chairs, the dining area as well as the stools at the kitchen counter to keep the chef company. Outside you will be able to enjoy your morning coffee or a meal al fresco with the lanai furnishings.
10. Fully Equipped – In the kitchen, we have tried to think of everything to enable you to practice your culinary skills. You will find a rice cooker, a blender, coffee maker, mixer, toaster, microwave, and all of the utensils needed for your cooking pleasure. An unusual feature in Hawaii, we provide gas cooking. Last, but certainly not least, there is no need to go to a complex laundromat since you will find a washer and dryer right in your unit.
Hawaii Tax ID #W51900626-01
Keywords: Popular KAM II location, 1st floor, close to restaurants and shopping, tennis, pools, beach
Registration Number: 390200010023,+TA-164-485-9392-01,+GE-164-485-9392-01
If you're looking for a perfect place to stay while on Maui, this is truly a Piece of Paradise! Withing feet from the ocean, a few walking minutes to everything you'll need and all the amenities as described, you won't have to or even want to look no further!
Dave, the host was the most personable, welcoming and helpful host I've ever worked with and I am truly grateful to have stayed in his beautiful, comfortable and also important beyond stocked condo!!!
I will definitely be returning to this Piece of Paradise soon!
Mahalo from New Mexico~ :-)
Had a great stay here. Condo has everything you need and is well stocked. Location is great and super close to KAM II. Pool is close to condo also and had bbq’s that we used multiple times. Would stay here again.
Thanks David for providing a well appointed Condo. Our stay was excellent and we weren’t lacking anything in our condo. Definitely would return.
Price okay and stay was okay.
Great location, convenient to beach and restaurants (walking distance). Grounds are beautiful. Condo has everything you'll need.
just what I had hoped it would be
Great condo, great location, provided great amenities
Our stay was very pleasant. They had all the amenities we needed. It was nice not having to buy all the beach equipment. It was in close walking distance to the beach and restaurants.
My husband and I had an amazing time.
We had everything we needed for a relaxing 2 week stay, and were right across from a fabulous beach. Boogie boards and beach chairs? Yep, they’ve got em. Blender for beach cocktails and a cooler for snacks? Yep- drink and eat yourself into your happy place- just grab the umbrella out of the closet so you don’t end up a lobster. Sea turtles galore, and if you try to imitate their surfing but wipe out, the shower has good water pressure to get sand out of all the places. Done for the day? Sofa was a good crash spot for a few winks, and the bed is comfy enough. We cooked a lot, and the kitchen had everything we needed. Lanai was quiet and peaceful and the first floor unit is great. We had no needs, but the owner reached out to let us know he was available in advance. Great spot, great vacation- we will be back. Aloha.
Everything was great. Beautiful area with lots to do close by. Supplied many supplies for recreational activities. Great trip.
The owner has made sure you need nothing. The kitchen has everything you need to reduce cost by cooking in. I’m not sure I’ll ever stay anywhere else in Maui. Owners could take lessons from Dave.
Use the "Visit Owner's Website" link to read more reviews from the reservation site, including the latest reviews submitted by recent guests.
Note: Vacancy calendar is approximate. Visit the owner/manager's reservation site to verify your dates.