Island Surf 605
Island Surf #605 Condo Description:
JUNE UPDATE: New central AC was just installed ! Incredibly quiet !! Individual room climate control.
Aloha! We are excited to share our condo with you for your beautiful trip to Maui and we would like to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible. The unit is supplied with all of the things we had hoped to find in a vacation rental, including lots of spices, new cookware and dishes and even zip lock baggies, tin foil and Q tips (to get the sand out of your ears !!). The goal is to save our guests some expense and eliminate the need for packing such items in your travel luggage.
Our newly purchased and completely remodeled unit in sunny South Kihei is in the heart of the beach town within walking distance to world class beaches, restaurants, bars, and shops. There are many days you may find that a car is not necessary. The Island Surf Building has a delis, dive shop, bike rentals, day spas, surf shop, and other convenient businesses located on the first floor. It is across the street from Kalama Beach Park where one can either watch or participate in basketball, roller blading, skate boarding, sand volleyball, snorkeling, surfing, paddle boarding, and fishing.
"The Cove", located just across the street, is well known to be the best beginner surf and/or paddle boarding area on the island. Rental gear and/or excellent instructors are conveniently located at the new Maui Wave Rider surf store across the street. One can easily enjoy watching your friends and family play in the ocean or at the park from the private lanai.
Whale season is between November and April, and the whales are easy to spot from this unique, top floor lookout. There are no power lines, poles, or other buildings obstructing your view.
Our top floor condo is bright and provides direct, unobstructed Pacific Ocean views and sunsets every evening via the floor to ceiling glass wall in the living room/kitchen. From the lanai you can see the Islands of Lanai, Kaho'olawe, and Molokini crater. New double pane glass throughout the unit provides silence when you want it, and the huge sliding glass door to the 16 foot Lanai brings the outside in when you choose.
Our unit is one of only four top floor vacation rental units facing west that allows viewing the incredible westerly sunsets regardless of the time of year you visit!!
You are also in a great location for day trips to Haleakala, Hana, Lahaina /Kaanapali, and Wailea.
The airport is conveniently located within 30 minutes of The Island Surf and thus "coming and going" is both quick and easy.
Additional highlights of of our spotless condo:
* Keyless Entry!
* Security Safe for valuables
* New in June, 2016...."Split Air Conditioning"...allows room control in bedroom and main room (w/ remote controls)
* Ceiling fans in Living area and Bedroom with remote controls.
* New Tile Floors throughout the entire Condo
* New Thick Double Pane Glass throughout (moderates the Maui sun and provides a quiet unit)
* Brand new stainless appliances, self cleaning glass top range, water and ice dispenser in frig., new front load washer and dryer
* Beautiful Kitchen, complete with Granite Counter Tops, stocked with everything you might need (NEW: coffee pot/coffee grinder, hotpot, Cuisinart Blender, Toaster, Rice Cooker, Henckel knives, all utensils, dishware, way too many spices, BBQ tools, etc)
* Unit is complete with all new furniture (Spring, 2015)
* Large Bedroom with new Cal-KIng Bed/Flat screen LED TV/Blue Ray Player
* New Queen Sofa Sleeper
* High quality inflatable queen bed option (perhaps for kids who prefer "camping on the floor" ?)
* High quality sateen linens, bath towels, and Egyptian cotton beach towels
* Blackout Drapery (when desired) on Bedroom and Living Area windows
* Bathroom complete with Granite Counter Top, new Tile throughout, including a waterfall faucet that reminded us of the Four Waterfall Hike on the drive to Hana!!!
*Two new large LED flat screen TVs with DVD/Blue Ray players; Digital TV cable.Two AM/FM radios-I Pod compatible.
* FREE Wireless Internet
* USB Charger Options (Kitchen/Living Room/Bedroom)
* FREE Long Distance Phone to US and Canada
* Immaculate Pool/BBQs/ Patio located on 2nd floor with Ocean Views
* Beach Toys inlcuded ( Snorkel Sets, Boogie Boards, Beach Chairs, Thick Beach Towels, Two Coolers, and........... a "Mr.Wilson" Beach Volleyball for possible use in either of the two sand volleyball courts across the street in Kalama Park.
* Board games galore /DVD movies
* Fantastic and Caring Guest Service. Our On-Island contact is within walking distance to the condo, and will promptly attend to any issues you may encounter.
We enjoy a close friendship with the owners of the adjoining unit who also own a unit on the 4th floor, thus we can possibly jointly offer wedding party/family reunion/special occasion accommodations with sleeping accommodations for up to 12 people.
This condo has only been listed on the vacation rental market for two plus years and we are excited to receive your reviews!!! So far they have been incredible. It is legally licensed for a vacation rental, Hawaiian Tax ID 011-116-5440-01.
In regard to the official tax ID number, regardless of where you stay, make sure your condo owner provides you their number to you before you book. Condo owners that do not provide their tax number are often not licensed and are probably operating illegally. Please be careful, the state of Hawaii has recently emphasized enforcing this and you may find yourself without a place to stay when you arrive. IE Kauai recently closed 320 non-permitted vacation rentals with only two weeks notice and guests were left without accommodations.
Whether you stay at Island Surf or elsewhere on Maui, please do some research and check this out before making reservations.
(official Hawaii tax numbers: GET 011-116-5400-01, TAT 001-116-5440-01)
Registration Number: GE-011-116-5440-01,+TA-011-116-5440-01