Our 1 Bedroom Garden View condo has a fully equipped kitchen, 1 bedroom and 1 full bathroom. The bedroom has a Queen size bed. There is also a pull out queen sleeper sofa in the living room. Very spacious units fully stocked with linens, towels, starter soap and coffee kits, all kitchen utilities and appliances. We manage several condos at Pono Kai and guarantee unit size and view, not specific building or floor.
The resort is located in the historic town of Kapaa, Kauai. You can catch the sunrise in the morning over the Pacific Ocean or even see whales during migrating season. The resort is within walking distance of restaurants, boutiques, shopping and grocery stores.
The bathroom is furnished with starter soap, shampoo and conditioner, along with a hair dryer. There is an iron and ironing board within the unit as well. Towels can be exchanged (dirty for clean).
The Pono Kai Resort has many amenities on site. Tennis and pickleball, basketball, exercise room, shuffle board, cornhole, horse shoes, putting greens, croquet court, board games, just to name a few. You can rent bicycles within walking distance and we are located within 5 minutes from all water activities; canoeing, kayaking, surfing, etc...
There are BBQ's located throughout the resort and coin laundry facilities located within each building. There are picnic tables throughout the resort and a fire pit to enjoy.
The Pono Kai is a great resort where you can truly relax and enjoy all that the Garden island of Kauai has to offer. Come enjoy your stay with us...
Registration Number: TA-126-997-7088-01,+GE-126-997-7088-01,+450070020114
Had a wonderful time!!
Property is maintained - nothing fancy but so down to earth!
We had a wonderful time. Easy checkin and the staff is so helpful. Highly recommend staying here.
Dolores G C.
Nice clean rooms, has all that's needed in the kitchen. Gorgeous view from the patio. I loved waking up to see the roosters, the hens and their chicks. There are other birds, and the Koi Pond is beautiful. What I didn't appreciate was the remote-control process, it took too long to turn on or off the TV/Cable.
Quiet and peaceful
Perfect location and amenities for us and a great view!
Great location, beautiful views, and easy access to beach, restaurants, and shops.
Stayed at the Pono Kai for 3 weeks in February/March 2022.
- The location is fabulous - pretty much right in the middle of Kauai's east coast and right off the island's main highway. Shops, restaurants, food trucks and the beach are all within steps of the resort, and you can't beat the east coast sunrises!
- Only ~15 minutes from the airport
- The unit is huge (it's actually a 1-bedroom, not a studio...not sure if the listing has since been updated) and very well-equipped
- Super comfortable bed in bedroom
- Decently comfortable queen-sized pullout sofa bed
- Resort grounds are immaculately maintained
- Tons of parking
- High speed WiFi in each unit. (Ours was actually painfully slow when we arrived, but the resort quickly sent someone up to take a look at the problem - he said we likely need a new modem...which never came in the 3 weeks we were there. But they did provide us with access to a different network as an interim solution, so that ultimately resolved the problem!)
- Unit has a sizeable balcony with a nice view of the the beach as well as the interior and northern Kauai landscape
- Daily beach towel service
- Small gym on-site. It doesn't have many machines or heavy free weights, but it has enough to give you a decent workout...and no one uses it, so you'll likely have it all to yourself if you do
- The worst - I repeat, WORST - insulation between floors. Not only could we hear any and all footsteps (and some conversations) from our neighbours above, but there were times when our unit felt like it shook from the transfer. It sounded like we were staying under a herd of elephants that were stomping around nonstop. Pono Kai does have quiet hours between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m., and we contacted the front desk multiple times (and days) about the noise at midnight, 1 a.m., 6 a.m. (I think these people were insomniacs)...but I don't think they ever spoke to the guests about it and didn't offer to move us. (I know some buildings in the complex have undergone renovations to address the issue.)
- There are wild chickens everywhere on the island, but there seemed to be an excess amount of roosters running around the Pono Kai grounds. So, prepare yourself for a lot of crowing...at all hours.
- The resort does have a courtesy room and baggage storage...but both are communal (so anyone could potentially have access to your stored luggage, or be lounging in the living room while you're showering)
Despite the cons, still a great stay!
Great location close to downtown Kapa’a and walking trail. Well maintained property and nice staff.
Second time in Kauai and one week stay at the Pono Kai. Nice property with lots of amenities. Lots of pool and beach time.
Great location. Easy to get to each side of the island. Nice grounds, pool and other outdoor activities. Great staff at front desk.
This particular unit was overall a great deal. The only negative is the carpet is old and worn. But would definitely come back.
Use the "Visit Owner's Website" link to read more reviews from the reservation site, including the latest reviews submitted by recent guests.
Note: Vacancy calendar is approximate. Visit the owner/manager's reservation site to verify your dates.