Waikoloa Beach Villas Unit F-1
• Unique, 8pm(!) check-out time eases red-eye flying
• Very convenient Kohala Coast location
• 12-minute drive to pristine Pacific Ocean beaches
• 14-minute walk to A-Bay Beach 1.0 mile away
• 5-minute walk to restaurants, grocery store, shops
• Very clean, well-appointed, attractive décor
• Garage parking & 1-minute drive to Queen K Hwy
• 2 swimming pools & 2 hot tubs on-property
• Owner-operated & managed with an excellent, on-island agent
To help you make a decision on renting my home, let me suggest viewing the pictures and then read guest reviews. When I began offering our home to guests in Summer 2016, I adopted the "standard" 3pm check-in and 11am check-out times of every other rental property. On January 1, 2022 I changed that policy to a 4pm check-in (with the possibility of early arrival) and an 8pm check-out time. That will let you enjoy another day on the beach and get cleaned up before catching an over-night, “red-eye” flight back to the Mainland - brilliant! I block the day before and the day after every guest stay so my cleaning crew always has plenty of time to thoroughly clean F-1, which I insist upon. Would you want it any other way? Feel free to read the rest of the property description and after that, ask me any questions you still have.
Thanks for your interest,
Marc, Westminster, CO
Welcome to the land of Aloha for a memorable vacation. As an end unit, F-1 provides privacy, peace & quiet – there is no one above and no one below your place in paradise. Palm trees, flowers and foliage provide fresh tropical surroundings and scents. You'll quickly feel very comfortable here.
This clean and spacious Waikoloa Beach Villas 2-story unit is located in the beautiful Waikoloa Beach Resort area of The Big Island of Hawai’i. You’ll be on the “dry side” of the island as opposed to the “rainy side” – a wise choice. From Kona International Airport (KOA) it is an easy 18 mile drive with stunning ocean views on your left and the mountains of Mauna Loa, Hualalei, & Mauna Kea on your right. The location is perfect; nearby there is plenty to explore and a variety of activities to enjoy. It’s just 1.0 mile to scenic Anaeho’omalu Bay (A-Bay) and a quick 10 minute drive to the renowned Hapuna Beach State Park or Kekaha Kai beach. It doesn’t get any better than that!
In addition to sun & fun on beautiful ocean beaches, there are world class golf courses within the resort area or just a short drive on Queen Kaʻahumanu (Queen K) Highway. You might also:
• Swim, surf, snorkel, scuba dive
• Whale watch (November – April)
• Feel the heat hovering in a helicopter above flowing lava
• Go on a sunset cruise or a glass bottom boat ride
• Stargaze the Milky Way at 9,200’ elevation on Mauna Kea
• Take in the Legends of Hawai’i Luau show
• Explore Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
• Visit macadamia nut and coffee bean plantations
• Stroll through a lush botanical garden
• See the spectacular 442-foot Akaka Falls
• Run or cycle along the Iron Man Triathlon route
• Hike the Kings Highway Foot Trail
The Queens’ MarketPlace is just a 4-minute walk across Waikoloa Beach Drive. There, Island Gourmet offers groceries, prepared foods, beer, wine, and sundries. Also included: Starbucks, movie theater, restaurants; plus art, clothing, and jewelry shopping. You can rent quality bicycles at Bike Works Waikoloa Beach & Sports. Also a short walk away are the Kings’ Shops for dining and more shopping. Another market place at Mauna Lani is just a 5 minute drive away including a grocery / liquor store. Kailua-Kona is 24 miles away for many local-themed restaurants and plenty of shopping opportunities. Costco is 20 miles away, near KOA Airport. Finally, you will have quick and easy access to Queen K Highway for island touring.
You can DO as much or RELAX as much as you desire on the Big Island. The immensely helpful guidebook “Hawaii The Big Island Revealed” by Andrew Doughty is in the town home for your reference. The posted pictures welcome you to a well-appointed vacation residence that will feel like home. Central air conditioning and ceiling fans ensure your comfort. Here are room-by-room details and amenities provided to make your stay convenient and comfortable:
• Family room: 2-cushion sofa has a built-in full-sized mattress. (Sleeper-sofa beds from years ago were unpleasant, this modern one is comfortable.) 3-cushion sofa & ottoman with fold-out tray, bar stools, 55” 4K flat-screen TV with plenty of cable broadcast & music channels.
• Bedroom #1 on second floor: master suite has king-sized bed of rich Mango wood, dual sinks, walk-in shower, bathing tub, walk-in closet, hair dryer, and 55” 4K flat-screen TV. A private lanai with chairs & table is perfect for coffee at sunrise. (Marvelous sunsets are best seen from nearby beaches.)
• Bedroom #2 on first floor: queen-sized bed, dresser, end tables, closet, and 55” 4K flat-screen TV. Full bathroom just outside the bedroom door with hair dryer. The advantage of this room? No stairs to walk up and down. (Folks with creaky joints appreciate that.)
• Bath rooms: stocked with bath mats and plenty of thick, cotton towels.
• Loft area on second floor: comfortable swivel chair, solid oak desk, monitor screen with HDMI & DVI/VGA cables, wireless mouse & keyboard, and an HP printer for laptop computers makes it easy to access speedy 5G WiFi internet service. Several board games are available for indoor fun. 2 sitting chairs.
• Kitchen: Henkel knife set, Mikasa dinnerware, Lenox flatware, 13-piece set of Circulon non-stick cookware, and assorted glassware - all of which are dishwasher-safe. Everything needed for meal preparation is here, including: electric stove & oven, microwave, large refrigerator/freezer, wine & beverage chiller, ultra-quiet Bosch dishwasher, a comprehensive array of cooking implements, 17-piece grilling tool set, toaster, Mr. Coffee, Krups electric kettle, rice maker, blender, crock pot, mixing bowls, casserole dishes, food storage containers, measuring cups and spoons, cutting board, etc.
• Dining room: solid walnut table accommodates seating for up to 8.
• Laundry closet: full-size washer and dryer at the ready with detergent provided.
• Outdoor lanai: a high table and 4 chairs provide another place to gather.
• Garage: no-hassle private parking in 1-car garage just steps from front door.
• Beach gear provided: chairs, umbrellas, colorful beach towels, a handy beach cargo wagon, a small folding table, food & beverage coolers, even “stem-in-the-sand” wine goblets for a great day at the beach. Personal swim gear (masks & snorkels) can be purchased at Bike Works Beach & Sports across the street or at Costco. Also available are lawn games: Beanbag Toss, Soft-tip Lawn Darts, & Italian Bocce.
• Waikoloa Beach Villas grounds: 2 outdoor swimming pools with water falls and hot tubs for the exclusive use of guests like you. These were refurbished in early 2022.
There is an exercise facility with a variety of work-out equipment. Well-maintained outdoor gas grills are available for any Grill Master to conjure up cooking magic. Please note - this town home and property are totally smoke-free and pet-free.
• Views: a rugged lava field is behind the building with Kings’ Lake and a golf fairway in sight. We all would love an expansive ocean view – but those places are limited and come with a steep price tag. The solution? Stroll over to “A-Bay” and the shimmering, wide blue Pacific fills the horizon.
Charges, Fees, and Taxes:
Rental rates compare favorably with the big, name brand hotels nearby, especially considering the square footage difference, getting a fully stocked kitchen, and a dedicated garage. See the calendar for availability and the rates in effect.
A refundable $300 deposit will be billed. Additional charges per rental are: $275 cleaning fee (my cleaning crew charges me more than that), $59 for property damage coverage (run into the garage door, no charge - it happened!), local taxes, and VRBO's fee. Roughly 50% of the total charge due upon reservation, the remainder due 60 days before check-in date.
Resort hotels quote a nightly rate, but then add a daily “activity fee” and a nightly parking charge. Be alert to these add-on costs when comparing your options. And, to be fair, a hotel's room cleaning service is typically included in the room charge whereas my check-out cleaning fee is a one-time charge. I insist on maintaining an exceptionally clean property and have a professional cleaning crew do a thorough cleaning after every guest departure. Would you want it any other way?
SKW Vacation Rentals, LLC is registered under Hawai’i Tax ID# GE/TA-083-154-5344-01 and must collect 4.712% General Excise Tax (GET) and 13.25% Transient Accommodations Tax (TAT) in accordance with local tax rules.
The Aloha Spirit of Hawai’i will be with you at this Waikoloa home!
Marc & Barb
Westminster, Colorado, USA
Registration Number: GE-083-154-5344-01,TA-083-154-5344-01