Pono Kai Beachfront Resort
I know his has been a very trying time for everyone and I hope that Covid-19 has not touched your life personally. I have worked with all of my guests that have had to cancel due to their concerns and/or the state of Hawaii instituting mandatory 14 day quarantine for arriving guests. I have moved their dates to future openings with no additional fees or rate changes, and I have refunded all cancellations even if they were under the 60 day prior to arrival policy
When the travel restrictions are lifted on October 15 and I can once again welcome my guests back, I am working with my housekeeper to discuss new procedures regarding the cleaning of the condo. Brenda has been with me for years and my guests always tell me how they appreciate the fact that the condo is spotless. To insure that it is sanitized properly we have instituted some new procedures:
1) All surfaces are to be cleaned with Clorox spray cleaner and all soft surfaces sprayed with Lysol aerosol, (a can will be proved as well for the guests use).
2) All cooking utensils and serving items to be inspected, I provide the dishwasher & dish washing liquid. A fresh new sealed scrubber sponge is provided as well as kitchen linens & paper towels.
3) There is soft soap liquid dispensers in the kitchen and bathroom and are always refilled before the next guest.
4) There is a fresh full size bar of soap provided and a shower caddy with hair shampoo/conditioner and body wash. Sufficient toilet paper will be provided due to the unavailability at times on our Island.
5) There is a washer/dryer in the condo for your use so you do not have to use the shared machines and I provide the laundry soap as well. All linens are collected after the guest’s departure and fresh ones supplied that have been laundered previously in a non-commercial washer/dryer by my housekeeper at home and bagged up for the next clean.
6) All extra blankets and pillows are in zippered bags and if used, the guests are asked to leave them out so they can be laundered. Hypo-allergen zipper pillow cases are on all pillows. Pillow will be rotated after each guest depart.
7) Air conditioners are being installed soon, (there is a portable on in the bedroom currently); they were delayed by the work restrictions that were initially instituted. Once installed, the filters will be cleaned regularly and sprayed with Lysol.
8) Access to the condo is by elevator or an open air stairway. The outdoor lanai has solid walls between units. The lobby is an open air facility.
The purpose of this introduction is to help new guests feel comfortable with the surroundings in their home away from home. If you have any additional concerns or questions, feel free to email or call me before you book your reservation. Mahalo….Susan (Owner)
This a completely remodeled 1 bedroom/1 bath within a stone's throw to the Pacific Ocean! When you enter the unit you will be taken back by the breath-taking unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean. Open the patio door and immediately feel the ocean breeze from the trade winds and smell the fresh salt-water air! The next morning you will awaken to the warm glow of sunrise. You can sit on the lanai with your first cup of coffee and enjoy the boat traffic from the river right next to the building. You are also located right on the walking/bike path called Ke Ala Hele Makalae ('the path that goes by the coast') that will eventually go from Nawiliwili to Anahola. During season you will see whales breaching from your lanai. You now know what paradise feels like.
You will find your condo A306 on the top floor in the Beautiful Pono Kai Resort with 12 acres of meticulously manicured grounds in addition to koi ponds and amenities listed below. It is in the historic town of Kapaa, centrally located on the East Side of Kauai, it is convenient to all of the Garden Isle attractions, only 15 minutes from Lihue Airport and walking distance from many restaurants, grocery, and fun shops and stores.
The condo is on the 3rd floor, within steps of the elevator. Being on the top floor, it’s private, there is no over-head noise ... just the sound of the gentle sound of the ocean surf. FREE Wi-Fi internet service is provided. It features a washer/dryer in the unit, which is an unusual feature on-site. Freshly remodeled with all new, kitchen cabinets, stone counter-tops, kitchen dishes/ pots & pans/utensils/ linens and more, you will not need to worry about running out and buying that essential item to cook with. You will rest at ease with a hotel bed concept where all linens are laundered between guests! Enjoy your first pot of complimentary coffee, and if you plan on cooking spices are available. Many more amenities you will not find in other condos!
The resort itself provides free parking and the parking for the 'A' building is right out front. For your convenience the front desk is open 24 hrs and there is an activities desk in the lobby so you can arrange your island adventures.
If you need more space, I also have a 2bdrm/2bath condo available. You can view this property at:
VRBO Listing #322614
Registration Number: TA-148-958-8224-01, 45007