This condo was wonderful! Clean, well appointed and comfortable.
We loved the location! The condo was clean, nice, I loved that you had beach supplies for us to use!! Most of all I loved the communication from Host!
From the moment we arrived, this home did not fall short on anything. The hosts have such a good intuition on what the guest will need, everything is stocked perfectly. The home was clean, inviting and the views were breathtaking from their Lanai. Twila, checked in to make sure we arrived safely and made herself available if we needed anything. Very kind.
We didn’t want to leave after a week but we will be sure to visit again.
If you are looking for a great centralized spot in Kona and want a relaxing and peaceful home to go back to after a busy day, this is it! I highly recommend this home. PS. It’s our second stay her and after 8 years it was even better than before!
Sea village is a beautiful well kept property along the ocean front. Twila’s condo is a modern, updated condo in great condition. It was well equipped for cooking all meals during our stay. Beds were comfortable. Furniture was more than adequate. Accessories for going to the beach were great although one more chair for a group of 4 would be nice. A welcome gift of coffee, wine and chocolate were a nice touch and greatly appreciated. All of this made for an awesome week stay on the Kona coast of hawaii. Thanks, Craig Smith
Very clean and comfortable. Kitchen was extremely well stocked with appliances and spices. Owner very responsive to any questions. Towels were so plush! Late checkout (11am) was nice. Is a little south of downtown but walkable and a great area to stay!
The property was in a nice location and the view from the balcony was amazing.
This property was spotless even though it was a bit outdated. The door was not the most secure of the complex and area was safe. My only complaint is that there need to be a portal AC unit for the rooms. I know that it wouldn't accommodate the window AC units but it was too hot and stuffy on the 2nd floor. Otherwise, I was impressed with the view, comfy beds and how cleaniness.
Tracy and Dereck C.
The only reason we cannot rate this as perfect is the lack of AC! It has everything one needs with a nicely equipped home, a lot of extras such as spices, sunscreens, beach towels and beach gear. The kitchen cupboards could use a thorough cleaning as there were some outdated items and build up on some of the inside cupboards and honestly if there was AC I would have deep cleaned them. Twilla was a gem and you just feel like she is family and the condo is home when dealing with her. Do not let the first look of the property fool you. Twila and Wes have tastefully decorated and supplied the condo with all you need to feel at home. Very comfortable beds and bedding too. As a family we discussed if we had AC we may have missed some of the wonders of Hawaii by sitting inside more often 😃 .To summarize would be to say again, Twila makes you feel like family and the home is yours for your stay. Every corner has a pleasant gift awaiting! ❤
We found the location was perfect - close enough to downtown but without the traffic and cleaner side of neighborhood. Morning walks were great and a 5-10 minutes drive to downtown to keep the day and night busy.
The weather were between low 70s and low 80s all day/night so the fans were enough to keep us cool.
The view from the lanai was nice and even saw dolphins on our first morning of vacation.
The condo is spacious and clean, and the whole complex were well-maintained. We had a great time staying at this condo.
Amazing setting and everything we needed for an amazing vacation. Thanks. Would stay again!
The Village is safe, clean and well manicured. This villa is exceptionally clean and well furnished. Great view of the ocean and picnic area from the balcony. No A/C, but good ventilation and fans were sufficient for day and night comfort.
Hugh and Linda H.
Lovely unit in Sea Village Condos. 2nd floor. Busy with vacationers. The condo is well appointed. Nice to have two bathrooms. Especially appreciated having glass drinking glasses and nice plates, cups. Full sized washer/dryer was wonderful! Highlight of the trip was sharing meals on the deck and watching the sunset from there each evening. Pool, hot tub, convenient location to downtown Kona all a plus.
Sparkling clean, well-located, nicely-appointed and comfortable. A great base for our stay in Kona.
Condo is clean, beds are super soft, unit is nicely decorated and well cared for. First time in Kona and this place was perfect for our family. Thanks for the great Big Island experience 👍
What we loved:
- Awesome balcony - Having dinner outside while watching the sunset was unbeatable
- Very well equipped - The unit had all sorts of accessories like binoculars (brought them on our hikes), flash lights and lamps (brought them for our cave exploration), beach chairs and umbrellas. It is obvious that the owners are very thoughtful and want to make sure their guests have everything they need to enjoy the island.
- Abundance of fans - It's true, you do not need AC in this place. With the windows open and all the fans (ceiling and floor), it's very comfortable.
- Early check in - We were able to check in the property a few hours early since there was no booking before us. Our flight landed pretty early and it was so nice to be able to settle in and get a nice start to our vacation
- Well stocked kitchen and pantry - With a combination of what the owner provides and stuff that was donated/left by previous renters, the kitchen has everything you need. It even has a portable backpack cooler that we were able to use to pack in 2 meals for our all-day trip to the volcano national park. They really thought of everything!
What could have been better:
- Floor cleanliness - The flooring through out the unit is very nice, though wish it was a bit more thoroughly cleaned. The bottom of my kids' feet turned grey/black within an hour of walking around the condo barefoot so I ended up having them wear slippers.
- Laundry machine cleanliness - It was great having full size washing machine and dryer in unit! However there were some pretty yucky gunk around the rubber seal of the washer that I cleaned before using it as I didn't feel comfortable washing our clothes with it there. It's probably due to the machine not getting air dried enough after each use (owner put note on the machine to leave the door open after each use to let it dry but probably not everyone followed). Perhaps owner can have the cleaning crew check this area more closely going forward.
- The parking lot is right under the windows of both bedrooms, and since you kind of have to leave the windows open for air/breeze, it does get a bit noisy from people/cars going in and out (loud talking, slamming car doors, car honking, etc, so a bit of an issue as we have young kids that needed to nap in the afternoon). But the quiet hours starting at 9pm are indeed enforced so sleeping at night was fine.
Overall we had a very pleasant stay and would book this again when we visit Big Island again!
Had a fantastic time
We loved our stay at this condo. It had everything we needed, and a the little touches the owner included made it perfect! We loved the comfy patio furniture and beautiful decor. We had a few hot days where ac would have been nice, but most days we were fine using the many fans provided. The property itself was also nice with clean picnic tables and grills. The location was great, close to town, but still peaceful and quiet. The bikes available right across the street we're perfect for a 10 minute easy bike into town for dinner. We would definitely stay here again!
This was a beautiful condo newly renovated with an amazing view of the ocean. The grounds were manicured very nicely which made doing a BBQ very nice. The pool was refreshing. Sunrise and sunsets were beautiful to watch from the patio everyday. I will definitely stay here again!
Every thing was perfect, I thoroughly enjoyed my two weeks and look forward to returning soon and possibly at the cams condo
Stayed a week in May 2021.
This place was perfect for our vacation. Great location....very convenient to get to the main part of Kona the town and the restaurants and stores. Also a good midway spot if you plan to go either north or south for beaches, sightseeing, or the volcano. The Sea Village complex grounds, BBQ grills and pool are all well maintained. There is also a cafe on the grounds with great coffee and sandwiches (breakfast/lunch).
The apartment itself is clean and spacious and has everything you need for a great, comfortable stay. The beds are very comfortable. Lots of fans to keep things cool and comfortable- we never felt we needed an AC. We were fine with no elevator- but just mentioning it in case someone has any issue with that.
The best part of our stay was sitting out on the lanai and staring out at the view. It truly is a stunning ocean view. The pictures don’t do it justice in my opinion. I could have sat out on the lanai the entire trip. We used it a lot for our breakfasts and dinners and really enjoyed the beauty and relaxation. You can hear people at the pool and those on other balconies, but everyone seemed to be pretty respectful of noise levels and there never was an issue where the calm relaxing atmosphere was ruined. We got a bonus on our last morning and saw rainbows and even dolphins from the balcony.
Twila is very quick to respond to any questions and requests and was a wonderful host to interact with. She accommodated a special request we had and I truly appreciated that. She has a wonderful place and I would highly recommend staying here and will stay again if I get back to the Big Island which I hope to do. She even left us some nice welcome gifts.
My family and I had a great stay here, location was great and the condo had everything we could ask for. twila was great.
Excellent! This place is extraordinarily well-stocked, spacious, with comfy furnishings. The view is just gorgeous. Location is great, just a short drive from the airport and close to shopping and restaurants. The complex's pool was wonderful. We went at least twice a day. Twila is a top-notch host! I hope we get to return again.
Perfect condo with outstanding views. Oceanfront, beautiful sunsets, overlooking the courtyard and pool. 4 of us stayed for 1 week. Truly enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay again. Condo was ideally situated within Sea Village and has all of the amenities that anyone could need for a perfect holiday. Condo is just like the Pictures, except the view of the ocean is much better in person. The pictures do not justify the views. Thanks Twila for your wonderful place...... Ed and Chantal.
We had the most amazing family vacation in Hawaii and I am not sure any other place can top the experiences we had. The condo enhanced our stay and it was good to come to a homey place at the end of a long adventurous place. The owner was prompt in her replies and very helpful. I give this place a top rating.
Jay and Karen T.
Clearly, this beautiful condo has pride of ownership. All amenities were top-of-the-line; they skimp on nothing. Lovely and comfortable two-bedroom, two-bath right on the ocean and close to all the activity of town. Very enjoyable week's stay. THANK YOU!
Use the "Visit Owner's Website" link to read more reviews from the reservation site, including the latest reviews submitted by recent guests.