About Maui GPS Tour Guide
Using the GPS built into the iPhone or iPad WiFi+Cellular, the Tour Guide knows exactly where you are and alerts you to hidden beaches, scenic lookouts, historic sites, hikes, waterfalls, snorkel spots and all of Maui's most interesting tourist attractions.
You'll also learn about Maui's history and geography.
The Tour Guide covers the entire island with an emphasis on the following regions:
- The road to Hana and beyond.
- Haleakala National Park and surrounding area.
- West Maui including a historic Lahaina walking tour.
- South Maui from Kihei to La Perouse Bay.
- Central Maui and Iao Valley State Park.
The App also includes the following:
Note: The App does NOT need cell phone reception or data roaming!
- Comprehensive beach and snorkeling guides.
- Guides for Maui's hikes, waterfalls, and scenic attractions.
- Interactive map showing exact locations.
- Weather and surf forecasts.
- Maui background information: regions, maps, weather statistics, safety guides and more.
The Tour Guide works without cell phone coverage. The GPS has clinical precision everywhere on Maui. International customers can turn off data roaming. A network connection is used, when available, to update the map, but this map can be cached before heading out on a trip.
Special Note for iPod Touch and iPad WIFI-Only Users
Please note the iPad WiFi only model (no cellular) does not have a GPS chip! The iPod does not have a GPS either. The Tour Guide will not work unless you have purchased a compatible external GPS device.